Bad breath and body odor
Over a thousand people took part in Skyscanner's poll, which asked the question: “Who do you hate sitting next to most on the plane?”
- 19% of voters said ‘those with bad breath and BO’ made the most unwelcome neighbors
- 15% said a ‘wailing baby’
- 13% said ’the hyperactive child’
- ‘Big bodied people’ received 12% of the vote
- ‘Sneezers and sniffers’ got 10% along with ‘rowdy stag/hen parties’
- Whilst the ‘arm rest occupier’ received 8% of the vote
Barry Smith, Skyscanner co-founder and director said:
“It’s well known that wailing babies and screaming kids don’t make popular travel partners, but what really gets up air travellers noses is fellow passengers who smell bad. The message from Skyscanner is simple: take a shower and pack breath mints before boarding a flight if you want to stay on the good side of your fellow passengers. For any budding entrepreneurs, there is obviously a big market here for some form of nose plug.”
Skyscanner users also volunteered other suggestions for other fellow passengers that they weren’t enamoured with, including: ‘loud talkers’, ‘drunkards’, ‘shoeless people’ and, on a strangely personal note, ‘Noel Gallagher’.
On another personal note, I'm one of those shoeless people!
You should follow me on twitter here.