Very swedish meatballs
Swedish meatballs are a favorite of both me and my wife. Here's my recipe for the tastiest meatballs you've ever had.
This makes enough Swedish meatballs for 4 adults.
- 1/2 kg of lean ground beef
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 deciliters of bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 deciliter tomato sauce or a little less tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley (or other herb to taste)
- Salt, pepper and allspice to taste
Mix all ingredients well. Refridgerate until chilled.
Form mix into small balls, no bigger than 2.5 centimeters / 1 inch across. Fry with butter in a hot skillet. Shake skillet often to fry all sides and keep meatballs round.
- You can skip refridgeration by using cold minced meat
- Instead of ground beef, used 50/50 beef and pork mix or minced turkey for a leaner dish
- Add cream for richer tasting meatballs
- For a more traditional meatball, make larger balls. After browning, cook covered in medium heat (180 Celsius / 350 Fahrenheit) oven for 30 minutes
Serve with potatoes (or pasta) and vegetables. Cover with brown sauce and cranberry preserve for a real Swedish experience.
You should follow me on twitter here.