10 strangest items lost while flying
You've probably heard of the Unclaimed Baggage Center in Alabama. It's the end point for all those suitcases lost which never make it back to their owners. This, of course, makes it both a collection of some very odd things, and a massive thrift store. Here are 10 of the strangest and most valuable things that have shown up at the Unclaimed Baggage Center:
- A Gucci suitcase filled with ancient Egyptian artifacts.
- A rattlesnake. Yes. A snake on a plane.
- A camera designed for the Space Shuttle. NASA flies commercial?
- A $250,000 guidance system belonging to the U.S. Navy.
- A suit of armor. Stupid TSA probably wouldn't let the owner wear it in the cabin during the flight, as planned.
- A 300-year-old violin. Has Dave Carroll taught us nothing? Don't check your valuable musical instruments!
- An ordinary-looking sock, which contained a 5.8-carat diamond set in a platinum ring.
- A Barbie doll stuffed with $500 in cash. Best. Birthday. Ever.
- A 40.95-carat natural emerald.
- Hoggle from the movie "Labyrinth." Yes. Someone checked the orignal puppet.
You should follow me on twitter here.