A tequila cocktail with a ginger flavor twist. With smoothness coming from the Averna, bite from the ginger beer and reposado tequila, and a mixture of fruit and tart from ruby port and squeezed lemon, this is a great summer cocktail. Mix with agave juice or honey as available to sweeten. Mix carefully to keep the bubbles in the ginger beer, and top with a slice of ginger. Add a blackberry if available.
- Ice cubes
- 1 1/2 ounces reposado tequila
- 1/2 ounce good ruby port
- 1/2 ounce Averna
- 1/2 teaspoon honey or agave juice
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 to 2 ounces ginger beer (Fever Tree is a great option)
- For garnish: 1 paper-thin slice fresh ginger, 2 blackberries (optional)
Fill a cocktail shaker with ice, add tequila, Averna, port, honey, and lemon juice. Cover and shake for 10 seconds.
Fill a Collins glass with ice. Simultaneously strain the mixture and pour the ginger beer into the glass. (Or strain mixture into glass, top off with ginger beer, and stir gently.) Garnish with ginger slice and blackberries.
You should follow me on twitter here.