Austria travel guide
Austria travel articles
There aren’t any articles written for this location yet. If you have a travel story, advice, or would like to write about a sight, venue, or event here, please get in touch via:
Practical information about Austria
Etiquette in Austria
- Never cut a dumpling with a knife; break it apart with your fork.
- Don't discuss business during a meal unless the host brings it up.
- The person who extends the invitation to a restaurant will generally pay the bill – don't hassle over it.
- Avoid wearing shorts while shopping.
- Shake hands with everyone – men, women and children – before a social or business meeting.
- Austrians insist on punctuality for social engagements.