Cruise Critic, the world's leading resource for cruise reviews and news, today announced the winners of the 2008 Cruise Critic Editors' Picks Awards. The awards honor the world's top cruise lines for outstanding performance in 10 major areas. "The Cruise Critic Editors' Picks Awards recognize cruise lines that are best in class," said Editor in Chief Carolyn Spencer Brown. "This year's winners are setting standards in the cruise industry by offering a consistently superior cruising experience."
Ten Best in Class winners were recognized for: Best Family Cruises, Best Luxury Cruises, Best Dining, Best for Romance, Best Spa and Fitness, Best Cabins, Best Value for Money, Best Itineraries, Best Entertainment and Best Shore Excursions. Three additional sub-category winners were also selected for family, luxury, dining, romance, spa and fitness, and cabins.
An interactive list of the 2008 best cruise ships is available for download. Users can also find cruise line and cruise ship reviews, cruise deals and news on CruiseCritic.com.
The 2008 Cruise Critic Editors' Picks Awards winners are:
- Best in Class – Best Cruise Ships
- Best Family Cruise Ships – Royal Caribbean International
- Best Luxury Cruise Ships – Crystal Cruises
- Best Dining – Oceania Cruises
- Best for Romance – Princess Cruises
- Best Spa and Fitness – Royal Caribbean International
- Best Cabins – Holland America Line
- Best Value for Money – Carnival Cruise Lines
- Best Itineraries – Azamara Cruises
- Best Entertainment – Norwegian Cruise Line
- Best Shore Excursions – Carnival Cruise Lines
Best in Category
Best Family Cruises
- Best Kids Programs – Disney Cruise Line
- Best Teen Programs – Royal Caribbean International
- Best Multi-Generational – Princess Cruises – Grand Class
Best Luxury Cruises
- Best Luxury Dining – Crystal Cruises
- Best Luxury Service – SeaDream Yacht Club
- Best Luxury Staterooms – Regent Seven Seas Cruises
- Best Main Restaurant – Carnival Cruise Lines – Conquest Class
- Best Specialty Restaurants – Oceania Cruises
- Best Healthful & Alternative Dining – Celebrity Cruises
Best for Romance
- Best for Honeymoons – Windstar Cruises
- Best for Weddings – Princess Cruises
- Best for Couples – Regent Seven Seas Cruises' Paul Gauguin
Best Spa, Recreation and Fitness
- Best Pool Deck – Royal Caribbean International – Voyager/Freedom Classes
- Best for Fitness Enthusiasts – Royal Caribbean International
- Best Spas - Costa Cruises' Samsara Spa – Concordia Class
- Best Standard Staterooms – Holland America Line – Signature Class
- Best Suites – Norwegian Cruise Line – Jewel Class
- Best Family Cabins – Disney Cruise Line
About Cruise Critic
Launched in October 1995 by The Independent Traveler, Inc., Cruise Critic was the first consumer cruise site on the Internet. Cruise Critic is an online guide to cruises with cruise reviews and an active community where travelers can share opinions and experiences.
You should follow me on twitter here.