China travel guide
China travel articles
The Chinese Summer Moon Festival
The Summer Moon Festival is celebrated in the autumn, and is the festival of lanterns and naturally, moon cakes.
Practical information about China
Etiquette in China
- Feel free to belch and slurp soup while eating.
- Eating rare beef is considered barbaric.
- Leave some food on your plate to honor the generosity of the host.
- Be ready to make a small toast for any and all occasions.
- If a Chinese person greets you with applause, applaud back.
- Clicking fingers and whistling is considered very rude.
- Show special respect for older people – offer chairs, etc.
- Never point with your index finger.