Going on that next trip may only be a roll away by playing Yahtzee: Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards-Style! The Let 'Em Fly and Win Yahtzee promotion will run through Sept. 30, 2011, and includes a prize pool of more than seven million Rapid Rewards Points for both current and new Rapid Rewards Members.
For complete promotion details and to register to win, visit: www.southwest.com/yahtzee. If you're not already a Rapid Rewards Member, you can sign up for the program to become eligible, and new Members will receive 250 Bonus Points just for signing up! Says Southwest's Manager of Brand Engagement Simon Fletcher.
"Yahtzee is a fun and engaging game and a great way to team up with Hasbro to offer both current and new Members a chance to win Rapid Rewards Points while allowing us to interact with our Members," said Southwest's Vice President of Marketing, Sales, and Distribution Kevin Krone. "Through the promotion, we can share the great benefits of our All-New Rapid Rewards program, sign up new Members, and reward both new and existing Members with Points they can use toward their next getaway."
There are two ways that participants can access the game—via a game piece distributed by a Southwest Rapid Rewards Brand Ambassador in 11 select cities, or anyone can play online. The promotion will run through Sept. 30, 2011.
How to Play:
(In 11 Select Markets: New York, Boston, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington D.C., Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Los Angeles, San Francisco/Bay area, and Phoenix)
- Participants will scratch off a silver bar to reveal 5 dice. If their "roll" totals 25 points or more, they win 5,000 points!
- Winners will proceed to www.southwest.com/yahtzee to enter their winning code.
- Participants who do not win can still get a shot at rolling a YAHTZEE for a grand prize of one million points.
- Participants are directed to www.southwest.com/yahtzee to play.
- Everyone must be a Rapid Rewards Member to play and win, so current Members will be asked to verify their membership number, while non-members will have the opportunity to provide their information to sign up and become eligible to win.
- Once Membership is verified, Participants proceed to the game where they will get one roll for a chance to roll a YAHTZEE for one million points. Other point prizes are awarded for other various combinations, such as Three of a Kind or a Full House.
Southwest launched the All-New Rapid Rewards in March 2011. The program gives Members more control, flexibility, and accessibility to earn and redeem their points. Points will act like currency, and they won't expire with any earning activity for 24 months. Members can redeem their points on any seat, any time, on any flight, so something you won't find in the new program are blackout dates.
You should follow me on twitter here.