In an annual poll, magazine Travel + Leisure lets readers choose their favorite cities, destinations, hotels, travel providers, and much more. This usually comes out in time to plan your summer holidays, so the lists are where you should be headed this year.
Some of the highlights from this year's survey are:
Top 10 cities
Top 10 islands
- Galápagos Islands
- Easter Island, Chile
- Santorini, Greece
- Great Barrier Reef Islands
- Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia
Top 15 hotels
As expected, there's not a budget hotel in this list. But note that the majority of these hotels are located in countries such as India or Kenya, not the west. While there are fantastic hotels in most cities of the world, it seems when it comes to facilities and service, Americans and Europeans have something to learn.
- Singita Sabi Sand & Kruger National Park, South Africa
- Oberoi Rajvilas, Jaipur, India
- Fairmont Mara Safari Club, Masai Mara, Kenya
- Oberoi Udaivilas, Udaipur, India
- Triple Creek Ranch, Darby, Montana
- Oberoi Amarvilas, Agra, India
- Kirawira Luxury Tented Camp, Serengeti National Park, Tanzania
- Sabi Sabi Private Game Reserve, Sabi Sands, South Africa
- Tortilis Camp, Amboseli National Park, Kenya
- Domaine des Hauts de Loire, Onzain, France
- Alvear Palace Hotel, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Little Palm Island Resort & Spa, Little Torch Key, Florida
- Hotel Bel-Air, Los Angeles, California
- The Oriental, Bangkok, Thailand
- Four Seasons Resort Lanai, The Lodge at Koele, Hawaii
More top 10s
There are a number of other Top 10 lists over at Travel + Leisure. Find out what the best car rental agencies are, best airlines, best cruises, and much more in the World's Best Awards.
You should follow me on twitter here.