It’s really that time of year, and all the pundits are throwing out their top destinations for 2009. I listed the Concierge.com ‘It List’ for 2009 the other day, and here’s Frommer’s suggestions for the 12 hottest travel destinations for 2009:
- Cartagena, Colombia
- Cape Town, South Africa
- Saqqara, Egypt
- Washington, D.C., United States
- Waterton Lakes National Park, Alberta, Canada
- Civil Rights Trail from Selma to Montgomery in Alabama, United States
- Lassen Volcano National Park, California, United States
- Berlin, Germany
- Belfast, Northern Ireland
- Istanbul, Turkey
- Cambodia (But Not Angkor Wat)
- Waiheke Island, New Zealand
Like with Concierge’s list, there are some unusual destinations included. Belfast may be an interesting destination, but I can’t relly see for whom, and Alabama, well... Not for me.
But I’m all for Istanbul, Cambodia, and Egypt. In fact, Istanbul is on my list for 2009 as well, and I’m currently trying to figure when to go there.
For the list including why Frommer’s chosen them, go over to Frommer’s website.
Now, what’s your top travel destination list for 2009?
You should follow me on twitter here.