Itâ€™s really that time of year, and all the pundits are throwing out their top destinations for 2009. I listed the Concierge.com â€˜It Listâ€™ for 2009 the other day, and hereâ€™s Frommerâ€™s suggestions for the 12 hottest travel destinations for 2009:
- Cartagena, Colombia
- Cape Town, South Africa
- Saqqara, Egypt
- Washington, D.C., United States
- Waterton Lakes National Park, Alberta, Canada
- Civil Rights Trail from Selma to Montgomery in Alabama, United States
- Lassen Volcano National Park, California, United States
- Berlin, Germany
- Belfast, Northern Ireland
- Istanbul, Turkey
- Cambodia (But Not Angkor Wat)
- Waiheke Island, New Zealand
Like with Conciergeâ€™s list, there are some unusual destinations included. Belfast may be an interesting destination, but I canâ€™t relly see for whom, and Alabama, well... Not for me.
But Iâ€™m all for Istanbul, Cambodia, and Egypt. In fact, Istanbul is on my list for 2009 as well, and Iâ€™m currently trying to figure when to go there.
For the list including why Frommerâ€™s chosen them, go over to Frommerâ€™s website.
Now, whatâ€™s your top travel destination list for 2009?
You should follow me on twitter here.